As we enter March, we are going to see that much needed sun more often. This gives us the opportunity to get out in the garden and get on with the necessary tasks to have your garden looking beautiful.
This march the tips given by the Royal Horticultural Society are ;
- Protect new spring shoots from slugs
- Plant shallots, onion sets and early potatoes
- Plant summer-flowering bulbs
- Lift and divide overgrown clumps of perennials
- Top dress containers with fresh compost
- Mow the lawn on dry days (if needed)
- Cut back Cornus (dogwood) and Salix (willow) grown for colourful winter stems
- Hoe and mulch weeds to keep them under control early
- Start feeding fish and using the pond fountain; remove pond heaters
- Prune bush and climbing roses
If you are interested in reading more, follow this link to their website!